A: Recurrent sinus infection or sinusitis is commonly
due to persistent allergies or if it is seasonal, hay fever. Treat the hay fever first
and once the allergies subside, the sinus condition will get a reprieve from the incessant
inflammation from the allergic reactions and should improve. You may want to follow up
with immune system strengthening tips to prevent infections.
Here are some tips for clearing up allergies:
1. Irrigate your nose with saline (warm salt water) twice daily.
2. Reduce allergy-load on your body by avoiding mucus-producing foods like dairy, wheat and sugar.
3. Take bee pollen supplement and the herb stinging nettle.
4. Use an air purifier in workspace, as well as home space.
5. Exercise indoors with filtered air.
6. Drink 8-12 glasses of water daily.
Strategies for a stronger immune system:
1. Keep stress low by practicing meditation, tai chi or yoga.
2. Maintain a positive and uplifting attitude.
3. Eat lots of garlic, ginger, cilantro, and oregano.