I get a serious case of bronchitis every winter.
Is there something I can do to prevent it or to get rid of it sooner?
Catching colds and upper respiratory infections are directly
attributed to a compromised or weak immune system. You need to strengthen your immunity. I recommend
that you contact a licensed Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner who can specifically assist you
with proper treatment and preventive protocols.
In the mean time, try this:
1. Avoid dairy products, fried foods, and stimulating foods such as coffee, alcohol, and tobacco. Avoid
stress and get plenty of sleep.
2. Before fall begins, you should increase your intake of ginger, onions, garlic, bamboo shoots, cabbage,
beets, beet top tea, carrots, leafy greens, yams, and organic chicken.
3. At the first signs of a cold, drink ginger tea to induce light sweating.
4. Take vitamin C and vitamin E daily.
5. Avoid exposing your upper back and neck to the cold, and practice proper hygiene by washing your hands
Doctor question was answered by:
Maoshing Ni, L.Ac., D.O.M., Ph.D.
from his website: