What can I do to cure my migraine headaches?
Migraines are a complex pathology involving many etiologies. I would first
suggest a thorough neurological examination to rule out serious conditions,
and then I would suggest you check your liver function, as there has been
links between migraines and liver pathologies. From a traditional Chinese
medicine (TCM) perspective, migraines are due to an imbalance of liver
function and neurological deficiencies. I recommend you consult a licensed
acupuncturist to obtain proper diagnosis and treatment.
In the meantime I recommend the following:
1. Avoid spicy foods, alcohol, smoking, excess stimulation, eyestrain, and
stress. Be sure to get enough sleep.
2. Incorporate more chrysanthemum flowers, mint, green onions, pearl barley,
carrots, prunes, buckwheat, and peach kernels into your diet.
3. Make a tea from Chinese prunes, mint, and green tea.
4. Mash peach kernels and walnuts, mix with rice wine, and lightly roast.
Take two tablespoons three times per day.
5. Drink chrysanthemum and mint tea as source of water.
Doctor question was answered by:
Maoshing Ni, L.Ac., D.O.M., Ph.D.
from his website: