Does acupuncture help seasonal allergies?
Yes, acupuncture and Chinese medicine have effectiveness in treating
seasonal allergies. You may want to follow up with immune system
strengthening tips to prevent reoccurring infections.
Here are some tips for clearing up allergies:
1. Irrigate your nose with saline (warm salt water) twice daily.
2. Reduce allergy-load on your body by avoiding mucus-producing foods like
dairy, wheat, and sugar.
3. Take bee pollen supplement and the herb stinging nettle.
4. Use an air purifier in workspace, as well as home space.
5. Exercise indoors with filtered air.
6. Drink 8-12 glasses of water daily.
Strategies for a stronger immune system:
1. Keep stress low by practicing meditation, tai chi, or yoga.
2. Maintain a positive and uplifting attitude.
3. Eat lots of garlic, ginger, cilantro, and oregano.
Contact a licensed acupuncturist to determine proper course of treatment.
Doctor question was answered by:
Maoshing Ni, L.Ac., D.O.M., Ph.D.
from his website: