Varicoses of the Lower Extremities
Accumulation of Heat and Damp (acute condition)
- Varicose veins are combined with red, swollen legs. Veins are hot and burning
- Fever, bitter taste in the mouth, irregular bowel movements
- T: Red with yellow greasy coating
- P: Wiry/rapid
- Excessive alcohol intake, damp and heat producing foods
- Local points that are inserted around the varicose veins like Hua Tou Jia Jie Points
around the spine. Needles are considered more effective than herbs for this sort of
Accumulation of Cold and Damp (chronic condition)
- Varicose veins are combined with heavy extremities and distension.
- Blue or purple veins, chronic
- Copious urine, loose stools
- T: White Greasy coat
- P: Soft
- Standing up too much, working environment
Qi Deficiency and Blood Stagnation
- Chronic physical weakness or Qi deficiency
- Chronically carrying heavy things and/or standing for a long time.
- Purple veins. Not as "big" as in damp/cold accumulation.
- Achy, but not distended.
- Fatigue, shortness of breath, pale complexion.
- T: Pale
- P: Weak
- Harmonize Ying, tonify Qi, Activate Blood