Accumulation of Phlegm and Damp (Excess condition)
- Obesity, excess appetite
- Likes sweet and fatty, greasy food
- Heavy sensations in body, foggy thinking
- Aversion to heat
- T: Flabby; thick, greasy coat
- P: Wiry/slippery.
- Wiry can suggest phlegm, heat, or food stagnation.
- Left untreated, the Phlegm can lead to heat, leading to Yin deficiency, leading to
Wind, leading to stroke.
- Wen Dan Tang + Ping Wei San
- These formulas are combined to lose weight, more gentle and safe than Ma Huang based
Qi deficiency (Deficiency condition)
- Fatigue, weak voice, shortness of breath
- Phlegm damp accumulation
- Aversion to cold, edema, puffy face, poor digestion, sleepy, hypofunctions.
- Not necessarily an over eating problem.
- T: Pale with white coating
- P: Thready and weak.
- Tonify Yang, raise metabolism