Fever During Menstruation
Liver Qi Stagnation with Liver Fire (most common)
- Fever alternating with chills, more often before period, sometimes during.
- Early or irregular cycle, irritation, dizziness
- Thirst, dry mouth
- T: Red with yellow coat
- P: Wiry and Rapid
- Dan Zhi Xiao Yao San (aka Jia Wei Xiao Yao San)
Yin Deficiency Fever
- Fever following illness of post partum.
- This fever tends to happen before or during the period.
- Emaciation, irritability, dry mouth, thirst.
- T: Red and thin
- P: Thready and rapid
- Chong and Ren channels are weak just prior to menses
- Tai Yang syndrome
- Gui Pi Tang even if there's no sweating.
- Xiao Chai Hu Tang if fever is also associated with chills.
Blood stagnation before or during period
- Abdominal pain, dark complexion
- Flow is purple with clots.
Qi Deficiency or Qi and Blood Deficiency
- Fever before or during the period
- Light color and thin quality, scanty quantity
- T: Pale
- P: Weak